12 August 2012

New Kid on the Block

Marie-Claire Camp, former Montessori child and daughter of a Montessori teacher, has an innovative project running on Kick Starter. A set of alphabet cards for small children to work and play with. The cards are made of food-grade, non-toxic, BPA free plastic and printed with food grade inks in the USA. They offer 26 original illustrations by Australian artist Marc Martin. There are only 8 days left to pre-order your set of cards for $20, or a variety of other options including a poster of all 26 letters and artworks - and if this set goes ahead, Marie-Claire has other sets planned for future release.
Safe for babies, and useful through the toddler years and early childhood, they would be a great addition to any home environment and families keen to create a language area that calls to the child.

Take a look at the Kick Starter project here...and do leave a comment if you have ordered a set. As a happy bonus, anyone ordering a set will also get a free literacy based download from me!




Update: Marie-Claire's project has reached its funding total!!! Hooray!!! Can't wait to get my set of cards, and the poster I ordered! Can't wait!

10 comments:

  1. This looks super cool! I backed it, too. :) Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too

    (Oh this is Kate from An Everyday Story. Can't seem to log in at the moment)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited! How can we get the word out there? I have backed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw the link via Kylie - and was sold straightaway! I've backed the project. Fingers crossed x

    (and what a great website)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ordered, too! What a great project. So glad it's been funded.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This alphabet set, and similar, are exactly the kind of "home" materials that I would like my urban school to offer to families! We so need kind and lovely ways to encourage our parents to create an environment of literacy in the home, at this very early age, in order for us teachers to have any chance of helping the children "succeed" (that is, score well on standardized tests) at our public Montessori school. I hope, hope, hope I can have a set to try out! Teachers buy so many materials with their own money; I would love to have one of the give-away sets. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ordered a set and feel so tickled to be a part of such a lovely project. Thanks for offering the added gift!

    ReplyDelete